eSimEvaluator is a comprehensive, offline business management and optimization solution designed specifically for planning, forecasting, and business-wide optimization applications in the midstream industry. eSimEvaluator is unique in that it models both the economic and physical interactions inherent in midstream enterprises.
Unlike traditional spreadsheet or custom modeling solutions, eSimEvaluator provides:
- Visual/Graphic representation of the business - A unique flowsheet visualization environment makes it easy to manage and account for gathering / processing interconnectivity. Economic and process interactions are modeled from the inlet producer contract/meters, through the processing equipment, and to the residue and liquid sales points. Supersystem interconnections are also modeled and optimized.
- "What if" case study tool with case storage and case comparison capabilities - eSimEvaluator makes it easy to run "What-if" case analyses and to store the results for future reference. eSimEvaluator allows case results to be compared side-by-side... and for sensitivity analyses to be ran that considers economic and operational fluctuations and their impact on projected P&L...all on a daily, weekly, annual, or multi-year basis.
- Detailed mass and energy balance calculations - eSimEvaluator accounts for the material and energy balance interactions around both the residue and NGL sides of the business.
One model for multiple purposes
eSimEvaluator allows the same model to be run in different modes to accommodate different functions:
- Accruals - Reconciliation mode fits the eSimEvaluator model to current conditions and is used for running end-of-month accruals.
- Forecasting - Simulate mode is used to run what-if case studies by the commercial, gas supply, operations, and long-term planning groups in support of:
- Processing election optionality / Plant mode determination
- Fuel shrink estimates
- Flash forecasts
- Net NGL/Net Residue forecast
- Volumes at risk analyses
- Price and volume sensitivity analyses for long term planning
- Budgeting - Multi-case simulate mode (12+ months) is used to queue cases to estimate go-forward monthly/annual P&L. Budget projections are then easily compared to actual results on a monthly basis.
- System Wide Optimization - Optimize mode is used to get the right gas to right plants, set optimal plant throughputs, plant modes, plant recoveries estimation, sales point options etc...
eSimEvaluator's one model for multiple purposes functionality allows a common decision support tool to be leveraged by all the groups responsible for maximization of asset profitability. eSimEvaluatorTM provides the cohesive forward-look that allows midstream management to predict, manage, and optimize their margin positions on a daily basis.
eSimEvaluator's structured model approach makes it easy to update commonly changed data. Data updates can be accomplished through manual entry, cut-and-paste entry, or through direct connections to subsystems (measurement, accounting, SCADA, plant control systems). The Excel reporting tool makes it easy to compile and analyze case results, and to develop P&L forecasts.
eSimulation provides the services to configure the eSimEvaluatorTM business models and to train client personnel on their use. From there, our clients can modify and enhance their models as desired on their own. eSimulation also provides phone and on-site support to assure ongoing success for every eSimEvaluatorTM application.